Please take note of the following Terms & Conditions as it relates to both attending the CORE16 Trainers Certification Camp, the use of Dr. Rodney King’s intellectual property, and the CMD as a Brand.
Why Terms & Conditions?
Sadly, we have had to learn the hard way that people don’t always do the right thing. Our Terms and Conditions are there to protect Crazy Monkey Defense, its intellectual property and the brand. More importantly, these Terms and Conditions keep you safe, and the personal investment you have made in the program/system.
1. We do not offer refunds on fees paid towards attending the Crazy Monkey Defense CORE16 Certification Camp in Rayong, Thailand. If you have paid in full, and cannot make the dates of the camp you paid for, you can defer up to one more camp. This means, that the next camp we offer you will be given a place on. You can only defer your camp participation once. If you cannot make a camp you registered for, but haven’t paid the full fee by the commencement of that camp, you will need to pay the remaining fees to attend the next available camp, otherwise we cannot guarantee you a place on that next camp.
2. The complete camp full fees advertised cover 5-nights accommodation in a single occupancy premium room at Tree Roots Retreat, unless otherwise stated and or agreed upon in advance (for example you decide to bring a partner along). There is a buffet Mediterranean style breakfast daily (mostly comprising of fruit, yogurts, muesli etc).
3. The complete full camp fees advertised includes one transfer from the airport, or hotel in Bangkok city area to the Tree Roots Retreat, and return of the same. Should you require to travel elsewhere in Thailand this will incur additional costs. We will of course do our best to help you arrange getting to your next destination.
4. The complete full camp fees advertised includes 5-days of training in the Crazy Monkey Defense System, with a specific attention to CORE16. The schedule for these 5-days can be found on this site under ‘Schedule’. The schedule is subject to change, depending on coaches availability, however Rodney King will always be the main coach in charge of all training at the camp.
5. On arriving you will receive a welcome pack, which includes a CORE16 workbook, a water bottle, sweat towel, and training t-shirt for the 5-days. The training shirt is not the official CORE16 trainers shirt and is used only for the 5-days of training. Extra training shirts can be purchased at the camp.
6. On completion of the 5-day camp, and if you adequately demonstrate the necessary motivation, correct attitude and successfully present your understanding of the key concepts in CORE16, you will be awarded a license certificate and the official CORE16 Trainer shirt. Additional CORE16 Trainer shirts can be purchased at the camp. You may only wear this shirt if you have certified.
7. Your complete camp fee includes the CORE16/Crazy Monkey Defense license fee for the duration of 12-months after being awarded your certification. This gives you the legal right to teach CORE16 for the duration of 12-months. Thereafter your yearly license fee needs to be renewed in order to continue to teach CORE16, to be apart of the Trainers program, and or to continue on to coaching the next tier levels of Crazy Monkey Defense, as well as the right to use Rodney’s/CMD’s intellectual property. The continued license fee if paid in full at the commencement of each new year is $1200. Alternatively payment options are available at $125 a month.
8. You have to be in possession of a valid trainers license certificate in order to teach any part of Crazy Monkey Defense. This includes the continued use of Rodney King’s intellectual property.
9. Should you leave the Crazy Monkey Defense Trainers Program, you agree to immediately stop teaching Crazy Monkey Defense, and its various programs, such as CORE16, White, Blue, Purple, Bronze, Silver and or Golden gloves. You also agree to immediately stop using any and all of Crazy Monkey Defense’s logos, branding, terminology, sayings, and all intellectual property. To this end, we have a simple contract of agreement we ask you to sign at the conference. The agreement is only, and specifically in respect to teaching ‘Crazy Monkey Defense’ and does not, nor will it, have any bearing on any other form of martial arts you are currently teaching or will teach.
10. You agree to pay the nominal student certificate fee (usually around $25 depending on the part of the world you live in) for students who are awarded either CORE16 completion certificates, and or Glove Ranking certificates by you. Student certificates for CORE16 and or any of the completed Gloves can only be issued by the Crazy Monkey Defense head office. This is also the ONLY recognized recognition system for students training in any aspect of Crazy Monkey Defense, including CORE16. You cannot create your own certificates for your students to recognize their progression in the Crazy Monkey Defense System (exceptions however are made for laces on Gloves), that certificate we make available to you for free.
11. On successfully completing your CORE16 certification, you may only advertise yourself as a Crazy Monkey Defense CORE16 Trainer, until that time you have personally qualified in our glove recognition program for Trainers.
12. The successful completion of the CORE16 certification does not automatically allow you to open a fully branded Crazy Monkey Defense facility. Should that be something you are interested in doing, please speak to us at the camp. We are very selective on who we allow to open branded Crazy Monkey Defense facilities, and we have to meet you first and train with you, before we can make such a decision.
13. You may not register any web domains with ‘crazymonkey’ or ‘crazymonkeydefense’ or ‘CORE16’ within the title. We will register the domain you want on your behalf. Crazy Monkey Defense retains ownership of these web urls.
14. You have to teach Crazy Monkey Defense as a separate stand alone program, either as a class, or as personal training. This doesn’t preclude you from teaching other martial art based systems, but Crazy Monkey Defense must be taught as dedicated stand alone program.
15. You may not alter any of the Crazy Monkey Defense branding. Should you want the branding within reason to reflect your facility, training space, country etc, please speak to us, and our resident graphic designer will make the appropriate adjustments for you.